Please don't get me wrong. I am delighted to be at my employer's conference, to have the chance to see customers and colleagues. I just wish it didn't have to be in Orlando, one of my least favorite places to travel to.
Here are the things I don't like about Orlando. What can you add?
- Large furry animals frolicking around at breakfast. Scary before coffee.
- "Have a magical day"
- Seeing so many people desperate to have a good time after spending money they don't have, and not enjoying it.
- That sticky feeling you get when walking outside for more than 30 seconds.
- Forgot an important toiletry item (see previous point). No real drug store accessible to get more at reasonable prices.
- The $40 taxi ride to anywhere that does not look like the resort I am in.
- The 90 minute shuttle from the airport because I am too cheap to spend my employer's money on a taxi.
- Hotel windows that don't open.
- Air conditioning set too high.
- 20% service fees added for my "convenience."
- The not quite natural look of the nature.
- I'm sorry. Dolphins do not have scales
- Food that is good enough to eat too much of, but not good enough to be worth eating a lot of.
- I have to go back in January, June and October.
- Toll booths every 5 miles.
Notice that I didn't say that I hate Orlando. There are much worse places in the world to visit, so I didn't title this "Things I hate." Hate is a pretty strong emotion I try to stay away from. As much as I dislike it, I don't hate Orlando, I promise. Actually, reading over this again this is mostly about why I dislike Disney World hotels. But they are in Orlando.